- What is VAT Relief? VAT is a tax that you pay as a consumer when you buy goods and services in the Isle of Man. As with the UK the standard rate for VAT is 20%. Individuals who are chronically sick or disabled can claim VAT Relief when they buy equipment that has been designed solely for disabled people and is for their own ‘personal and domestic use’. This means that they pay the retail price without VAT included.
- Am I eligible? Individuals who are chronically sick or disabled can claim VAT Relief on products shown with "without VAT" prices. A person is 'chronically sick or disabled' if they:
- Have a physical or mental impairment that has a long-term affect on their ability to carry out everyday activities
- Have a condition that doctors treat as a chronic sickness (like diabetes, for example) OR
- Are terminally ill
A person with a temporary injury like a broken leg would not qualify, nor would a frail older person who is otherwise well and non-disabled.
For more details just ask.
- We offer free delivery on larger items (Scooters, Chairs, The Bellavita Bath Lift and so on)
- Short Term Rental agreements are available for some bathing and toileting aids as well as wheelchairs and 4mph Pavement Scooters.
- Our Electrician, Dermot Maguire, provides annual services for electrical equipment including the Bellavita Bath Lift, Mobility Scooters and Rise-Recline Chairs.
- You can book items in for repair – either by bringing the item into the shop or Dermot coming to visit you. There is a charge at an hourly rate for this service.
Arthritis Care Isle of Man – Pillow Loan Scheme
- In 2018 Arthritis Care started a loan scheme for pillows that allows people to ‘try out’ a pillow to see if it suits them. With quite a few types to try it’s a good way of testing a pillow out for a week without the expense of buying and trying. A deposit scheme is in place and if you buy a pillow from Just Care – 5% of the profit from the purchase goes to the charity.
Returns Policy and Complaints Procedures (as well as Full Terms and Conditions)
- Just Care Products Ltd have a Returns Policy (Click Here) and a Complaints Procedure (Click Here) as well as full Terms and Conditions of Sales (Click Here). Do not hesitate to contact us if any clarification is needed on these policies or procedures.
GDPR (Data Protection)
- Data Protection is of the utmost importance to any business in todays world and as such Just Care Products Ltd have a GDPR Statement (Click Here). We take the care of personal information very seriously so do contact if you need further clarification on this.
Any Questions? Call us on 01624 627177.
© 2019 Copyright Just Care Products.